If you use Google Ads, there is a tool you might not know about. You can use it to discover how your competitors are using Google Ads and how they are using it.
Join us as we take a look at the Auction Insights tool, and how you can increase your return on investment (ROI) by learning more about your rivals.
How to find the Auction Insights tool
You can find the Auction Insights tool by logging into your Google Ads account and clicking on the Campaigns, Ad Group or Keywords menu.
The report is available for search and shopping campaigns, and if you utilize both campaigns, it measures metrics separately.
What is available in the Auction Insights tool
When you access the Auction Insights tool, you can discover the following information about the customers who participate in the same Google Ads auctions as you.
You can drill down by campaign, ad group or keyword depending on which report you are in and you can also segment the data by time and device to provide more granular reporting.
How can you use the Auction Insights data?
For example, if you delve into the keyword report, you can see which competitors are bidding on your brand terms. You can then look at increasing your bids on your own branded keywords to force your competitors out of the bidding process.
If you are keen to improve your presence on mobile, you can drill down by device to see how your competitors fare on mobile. You can then decide if you want to implement a bid adjustment on mobile to outbid your competition.
If you are looking to reduce your budget, you can see which keywords you are dominating search for in comparison to your competitors. If you are a clear frontrunner in search, you can look at reducing your cost per click on specific keywords. Although Google will not tell you specifically how much money your competitors are spending on Ads, you can get a vague idea through impression share. For example, if your share is 50% and theirs is 100%, they are roughly spending twice as much as you. You can use this information to your advantage.
We hope this article has given you an excellent introduction to Auction Insights, how it works and how you can use the tool to boost your own return on investment.
If you have a budget for promoting your business online, you may be torn between advertising on social media and advertising on search engines like Google and Bing.
Both are good options depending on your goals and the product and services you want to sell. You can also use both in tandem to reach out to your customers wherever they are on the web, using something called 'remarketing' to encourage people who have visited your site to commit to a purchase.
This article will explain in more detail how you can combine paid search and paid social media advertising to supercharge your profits and boost your brand awareness.
Remarketing is a form of advertising that allows businesses to show ads to users who have already visited their website.
By using remarketing, you can target customers wherever they are on the web, from watching YouTube videos and looking at other websites, all the way through to social media sites.
According to Adroll, only 2% of customers convert on their first visit to a website, meaning that you can use remarketing to appeal to the other 98%!
If you want to implement remarketing on Google Ads or Microsoft Advertising, both platforms will add a small piece of code to your website so that visitors will be added to a remarketing list. You can set up several remarketing lists at a time, for example, if you want to set up remarketing for different types of products that you sell.
You can then display ads on other websites, including YouTube and LinkedIn.
With both Bing Advertising and Google Ads, you can look at an ads attribution so you can specifically see which ad was responsible for getting your customer to convert. There are different attribution models available, with pros and cons available for each.
You will not be able to advertise across all social media networks using PPC. For example, Facebook and Instagram have their own remarketing and advertising systems.
However, the premise is exactly the same; you use a remarketing pixel on your website and create a remarketing list.
Consistency is the key when it comes to combining search ads and social media in the same campaign.
Use the same advertising copy and imagery to reaffirm your brand to potential customers, and make sure that you link to the same page on your website. According to Hubspot, prospects make eight 'touchpoints' before buying your product or service, so it may be the case that they click on one of your ads several times before committing.
No matter which PPC platform and which social media network you advertise on, you will be guaranteed to reach your prospective customers no matter where they are.